Welcome! I’m glad you’re here. Feel free to browse around and read all about my passions – real food and mindful eating.
My name is Lauren, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) with a passion for real food and mindfulness. Real, whole foods eaten mindfully with every bite enjoyed can nourish your body, mind, and soul. Dieting is not the cure. Eating a nutrient-dense diet from real, whole foods – even butter and cheese – will satisfy you a lot more than Special K bars. Food should be fun. I want everyone to enjoy it and have a healthy relationship with food. Check out my Nutrition Philosophy.
In my free time, you can find me out outdoors running in my Kinvaras or my new Vibrams, hiking, snowboarding, waterskiing, on my yoga mat, or talking a walk with my boxer puppy. I’m always up for trying something new in the fitness world, as long as it doesn’t involve treadmills or ellipticals. I live in the beautiful state of Vermont, so there is always something to do outside in the gorgeous Green Mountains.
In order to obtain my RD/RDN* credentials, I graduated with a BS in Dietetics, Nutrition, & Food Science from the University of Vermont and completed a 11-month Dietetic Internship through Brigham & Women’s Hospital in Boston, MA. I then passed the RD examination through the Commission on Dietetic Registration. *A Registered Dietitian may go by the credentials RD (Registered Dietitian) or RDN (Registered Dietitian Nutritionist).
Lauren Fowler, RDN, LD
- BS, Nutrition, Dietetics, & Food Science. University of Vermont
- Dietetic Internship: Brigham & Women’s Hospital
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist through Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Licensed Dietitian, New Hampshire
- Motivational Interviewing Workshop. Ellen Glovsky, RD
- Nutrition Counseling for Eating Disorders Workshop. Marci Anderson, RD
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics
- Nutrition Entrepreneurship Dietetic Practice Group
- Dietitians in Integrative & Functional Medicine Dietetic Practice Group
- Sports, Cardiovascular, & Wellness Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
- Oncology Nutrition Dietetic Practice Group
Disclaimer: I am not a medical doctor (MD). The purpose of my blog is to share my experiences with nutrition and food, not to provide medical advice. The views on this website do not necessarily reflect the values, thoughts, or opinions of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics or any current employer. My nutrition and lifestyle views are influenced by my education, professional experience as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, and evidence-based information.